Wednesday, August 16, 2006

They Are Out To Get Me

And you wonder why I am nuts.

I just got back from the eye doctor. I had a quick break, and decided that my nosepiece on my glasses was nasty and needed changed, so I wandered over to my eye doctor. where they whipped them off, and put new ones on. I asked the lady who changed them how much, and she proceeded to tell me that they did not charge for this service. Now I know the last time I had this done they charged me 5 bucks each.

"You used to charge for this, that is neat that you don't now.."

"No, we have never charged for this."

"I am sure I had to to pay 5 dollars for each one last time."

At this point she was looking at me over the tops of her glasses, and said "Have a nice Day.."

Now I feel like I complete idiot and leave, which I am sure was their goal. This proves my point, that businesses randomly stick it to people on occasion. Usually, I am the stick-ee. I must have looked particuarly pitiful today.

They are all out to get me. Earlier today, I got my car out of the shop. I have a $500 deductible, and start to pay. The guy looks at my card, and says 'We don't take credit". GIVE ME A BREAK!! McDonalds takes credit cards for a Big Mac for Pete's sake, and this guy does thousands of dollars of repairs, and doesn't take credit? I don't know about you, but I normally don't have a thousand or two to throw around in my pocket. He ended up just letting me go and I said I would call him and make arrangements. I know the last time I was there, he took cards, and he told some lame-o story about how much it costs to process.

Before that, we had went to Denny's and tried to use the check card, and the chick at the register rang it in, and we waited and waited.....did it again, and waited and waited....it never did go through - did not decline, it just hung in the ozone with no response. So the girl said that she would enter it "later"....ok...If I come back, and she has new jewelry and Prada shoes. I will know what she entered it for "later". I told my wife to check her balances tomorrow and see what they put on the debit card.

No comments: