Thursday, June 18, 2009

There Are Two Kinds Of Peoples ( And I Can't Be That Way)


I have finally figured it all out. There are other people, and then there is me. I am not living my life like I could be, selfishly and consumed by my self importance. I guess.

I have been in positions at work and in community before, and I am sorry, I just cannot take myself that seriously, nor believe that my existence on this world stage is some kind of wonderful gift to humanity. The human race owes me nothing.

I have sacrificed my time, and not thought much about it, and depreciated my own efforts in things I have done.

I watch other people, not even one-half as accomplished in the things they have done, and I think to myself , "Are you serious?"

And then I find myself covering for these people, trying to keep whatever working, hopefully.

Then I ask myself later, "Did I do the right thing?"

I realize no matter how I try to show these people that they have some kind of responsibility to others besides themselves, they will never 'get it'.

And I will continue to be the fixer.

No comments: