Thursday, June 18, 2009

What is With the Weather Channel?




I am looking at the TV at work now as little children and hapless adults sit among the debris......Did a tornado just strike? No.....
It is just the weather channel replaying footage of tornadoes forming and touching down over and over and over ad finitum. Is this supposed to titillate me in some way? Are they trying to unsettle me since I am mid-westerner in 'tornado alley'? I am still trying to figure this out. Is this supposed to be "Storm Stories"? No, it is not in the correct time slot. It is always tornadoes. Why don't they show more hurricanes or hail storms? I particularly like the winter ones they run where they rescue the hapless man from the river and his pants fall off. If they want to titillate the audience, couldn't they un-blur his body parts when they run this footage? Wouldn't Grandma gasp with shock as she goes running to get her glasses for a better look!
I especially like the one where the cars are all sliding into each other on the ice, and even the drivers get into the action as they slide beside and behind their cars...those are the moments that make life worth living. :)

No comments: